Threads - First AppScan
🆓 Full AppScan report : Threads
🌐 Minimal iOS version supported
The minimal target is 14.0, it's not a bad idea, it's already covering lot of devices.
🌐 Only mobile
Yes, it’s really a good idea for a “MVP”, the iPad support is not a priority.
- 10 permissions are requested.
- The description to enable a feature is sometime not clear “to make some features work.”. How this has been validated on the AppStore?
- The permissions are not localized by region. How this has been validated on the AppStore?
- No AppTrackingPrivacy integrated. How this has been validated on the AppStore?
Some things needs to be checked
- Some exceptions are configured for some domains
- Some exceptions are configured loading Web Content
- Some informations are pretty simple to get by readding the Info.plist file
Data sharing detected with other Meta is detected using 2 mecanisms : Keychain and App Groups. (See the previous article)
⛓ Associated domains
Let’s discover the Threads website
🛫 Outgoing schemes
19 schemes are scanned. Some Schemes are not unique